1 a harness strap that connects the nose piece to the girth; prevents the horse from throwing back its head
2 spar under the bowsprit of a sailboat [syn: dolphin striker]
- A piece of harness used on a horse to keep it from raising its head above a desired point.
- A spar, or piece of rigging that strengthens the bowsprit.
- A gambling strategy in which one doubles the stake after each loss.
- A strap attached to the sword handle, preventing a sword being dropped if disarmed.
- tie-down (1)
- Finnish: vesiharus
Martingale can refer to:
- Martingale (probability theory), a stochastic process in which the conditional expectation of the next value, given the current and preceding values, is the current value
- Martingale (tack) for horses
- Martingale (collar) for dogs and other animals
- Martingale (betting system)
- Martingale (rigging)
- In the sport of fencing, a martingale is a strap attached to the sword handle to prevent a sword from being dropped if disarmed.
martingale in Swedish: Martingal